Effective Date: May 1, 2018
This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for East Lothian Clinical Canine Massage Centre, our website: , and our Facebook page. This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by us, except where stated otherwise.
We reserve the right to make changes to this policy. New copies of the policy are available on request and will be posted on our website.
It contains the following:
· Who we are
· The information we collect
· How we use your information
· How we gather your information
· When will we contact you?
· How long will this data be held?
· Your Access to and Control Over Information
· Protecting your information
· How to block cookies
· Website widgets and sharing tools
Who we are
East Lothian Clinical Canine Massage Centre rehabilitates soft tissue injuries and supports orthopaedic conditions as a form of pain management using remedial massage for dogs.
The information we collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so - for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better.
We collect data to allow us to operate efficiently and to be able to contact clients effectively. The personal information we collect might include your name, address, email address and telephone number. Additional information relevant to the therapy may also be collected. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
How we use your personal information
We use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us, and while using our services.
We may also use your information to contact you to advise of future offers and services or share this information with other Guild members. We may also use your name (with consent) on social media when posting photographs or videos as a way of sharing information with you.
We will not share your data with other third parties except as required to do so by Government Bodies and Law Enforcement Agents or for legitimate business purposes.
We may partner with other parties who provide specific services, such as our accountant. We will share only information that is necessary for the third party to provide these services. Those third parties are not allowed to use personally identifiable information except for the purpose of providing these services.
How we gather your information
We collect information in the following ways:
· when you meet with or contact us in person
- if and when you provide information to us through the online form/email hyperlink on the contact page,
- when you add a comment to our social media page.
- automatically about your visit to our website and social media pages.
When will we contact you?
· We will contact you for legitimate business reasons.
· We may contact you to offer suggestions for future therapies.
· We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
How long will this data be held?
Information will be held and used for as long as permitted for legal, regulatory, fraud prevention and legitimate interests.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
A full list of information held about you can be obtained on request. If you wish to view, amend, or delete any information about you please contact Hazel Brewerton.
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data
Protecting your information
We take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk such as:
· All data is held in a secure environment with password protection on all electronic devices.
· We use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online,
· We also protect your information offline with restricted access to paper documents.
· Data is only shared with suppliers who process data on our behalf. We will only use a supplier who also take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure a similar level of security.
If you share our content through social media, for example by liking us on Facebook, the social networks will record that you have done so and may set a cookie for this purpose.
How to block cookies
If you would prefer to restrict, block or delete cookies from this or any other website, you can use your browser to do this. Each browser is different, so check the 'Help' menu of your particular browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
Website widgets and sharing tools
We may also use widgets and tools to enhance the functionality and experience of our site, including Facebook buttons and Youtube videos. Most of these also come with cookies. We don't control the setting of these cookies, so please check the third-party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them. The third party sites are listed below: